- 75 % of the earth’s surface is water. Less than 1% is precious fresh water. – In a world where fresh water is so scarce… how can we support using 1/3 of it flushing toilets when we don’t even need to?
- 40 percent of people in Africa lack access to clean drinking water; 53 percent in Asia.
- In many cities, 15-40 percent of water is lost to leaking pipes.
- In the 20th century the World’s population tripled, and the use of water grew 6x.
- By mid-century, there will be an additional 3 billion people. Most will be born in Countries already experiencing water shortages.
- Millions of people in the World live in less than 3 gallons every day!
- 25 millions refugees were displaced by contaminated rivers last year!
- 1 in 5 don’t have access to safe drinking water.
- The emerging worldwide water shortage is serious.
- Our water sources are under pressure, and it’s been said: “we’re going to run out of water before we run out of oil”.
- Our water problem is fast becoming a hunger problem. It’s time to give water a second thought.
- Over 70% of our body and brain is water!
- 80% of your blood is water!
- While you can go almost a month without food, your body can’t survive a week without water.